How to Hire a Professional Organizer
Need organizing help? You may not know how to find a professional organizer who is right for the job. This list of questions, suggested by the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO), will help you interview a professional organizer.
- What kinds of organizing projects do you do?
- Who is your typical/usual client?
- What services do you specialize in?
- Do you have any training in organizing or related areas
- (chronic disorganization, coaching, interior design, etc.)?
- Can you describe your organizing process/approach (consulting, coaching, hands – on, team organizing, seminars/workshops, etc.) and describe a typical working session?
- How long have you been in the organizing business?
- Will I work directly with you, or will you assign an employee and/or subcontractor?
- What is your fee structure?
- Do you work with a written contract?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Can you provide references?
- I have tried to get organized before. How will this be different?
Learn about Donna Declutter’s professional organizer Santa Rosa area services.